Monday 23 April 2012


Stephen Chbosky (1988), The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Pocket books.
By Vanesa Porras,  2º ESO A
This book is the diary of Charlie, a freshman that isn’t very popular. He writes letters to a stranger talking about his teenage problems.
The part I most liked would be towards the end when I discovered that Charlie had been raped by ... . I liked it because I didn’t expect it and all that love that he felt towards her vanishes away in the blink of an eye. Apparently she was raped when she was young that´s why she did this to Charlie. I also liked it because it was the only sad moment of the story, well it wasn’t the only one, but it was the saddest.
I would recommend this book to teenagers. It is a deeply affecting story that will make you experience back all those wild and poignant ¨roller-coaster¨ days when you were growing up. It will help teenagers with their problems, they can imagine themselves in Charlie’shoes, and feel identified.

No comments:

Post a Comment